Copy is one of those things we all have to do. Whenever I ask one of the conference producers to write some copy, I get a look of despair! The word copy seems to ignite fear.
That was the reaction until we starting using AIDCA – a formula that can work for all types of copy. From brochures to email, following this 5 step copywriting process.
AIDCA stands for: A – Attention I – Interest D – Desire C – Conviction A – Action
In any copy, the writer needs to grab the reader’s attention and entice them to continue reading. The writer now needs to convince that the copy is in the reader’s interest. Now the reader needs to feel that the product or service will help them. It needs to satisfy a need or desire. This is where the emotion of the writing comes in. The reader also needs to be convinced that you as the product or service provider can deliver. You as the writer need to have conviction in what you say. In other words, provide evidence. And finally, the reader needs to know what action to take to purchase.
Here is an example email from a recent email we wrote. This email for Aviation Festival Americas 2015 which got a 16.2% open rate and a 54% click-through rate.
A – (Subject line) The CEOs of Spirit, Frontier and LAN Colombia are doing one thing you should try
I –6 years ago, Terrapinn started the World Low Cost Airlines Congress, which brought together the top CEOs across the Americas. They addressed new ways of gaining ancillary revenue and how new business models could change the aviation sector. As the divisions between LCCs and legacy carriers have fallen away, we now bring together all airlines and key airports seeking innovation and business opportunities at the much larger and spectacular Aviation Festival Americas 2015. You can join the leading CEOs, CCOs and CTOs of the top airlines and airports at Aviation Festival Americas.
D – Can you afford to miss the opportunity to meet executives from over 100 airlines?
Here are 10 reasons why this is the one Aviation event you need to attend this year:
- Never be bored! Pick from 3 streams of content on topics related to Aviation IT, AirXperience, Low Cost, Air Retail, and Aviation Interiors
- Hear from Spirit Airline’s, Ben Baldanza, and Frontier Airline’s, Barry Biffle, on how they are maintaining the lowest costs and able to offer the lowest fares
- Join interactive roundtables to speak closely and directly to industry experts on topics like how to tie IT into improving the customer experience
- Determine where the industry’s next big ancillary revenue increase will come from with Insel Air’s Chief Commercial Officer
- Understand how WiFi systems on passenger jets are at risk of being hacked with international tech guru Ruben Santamarta
- Hear from Google on building your brand and appealing to the connected traveler
- Ask new airline executives your burning questions during the audience participation at the New Airline Start-up Panel
- Debate what new opportunities lie within NDC with IATA’s Regional Director, Americas, Jean Charles Odele Gruau
- Sit down with Miami Int’l Airport’s Director of Information Systems and discuss how they are using location based beacons
- Network at the Up In The Air Cocktail Reception with Caribbean and Latin American airlines like Azul, Volaris, Avianca, Copa, LATAM, VivaColombia, Bahamasair, VivaAerobus, Sunrise Airways, Surinam Airways, andAir Yucatán
C – Hear from: Barry Biffle, President, Frontier Airlines, Hernan Pasman, CEO, LAN Colombia, Trevor Sadler, CEO, InterCaribbean, Edward Wegel, CEO, Eastern Airlines, Ken Choi, CEO, Jeju Air, Adam Scott, CEO, Odyssey Airlines, Hamish Davidson, Chief Operating Officer, Sunrise Airways, William Shaw, CCO, VivaColombia and James Callaghan, Chief Technologist, WestJet.
A – Book today by visiting the website www.terrapinn.com/aviation-americas
I don’t know who originally coined AIDCA – thank you!